There is something exciting about seeing the light at the end of a tunnel. Is it the unknown? Is it the excitement of something new and different? Was the tunnel really that bad?
Covid 19 has certainly been a long and dark tunnel but as we see the light at the end we realize how many positive things have happened along the way.
Yes, there were moments of complete stress and anger at the situation but we kept our minds busy with projects around La Chiusa and Cook in Tuscany, cooking, playing cards and FaceTiming family & friends. The long days sometimes never seemed to end but the sun came up every morning and the conversations got deeper, the card game got crazier, the plants continued to grow and the projects came to an end. (we started new ones lol).
It all seemed so heavy and never ending but now that we look back on our days of quarantine there was were so many positive minutes, hours, days and months.
- Quality time with your family is a must!
- Work will be there tomorrow or the day after that
- Gardening is therapeutic
- Working outside is fantastic (computers have batteries no plug needed)
- Playing cards can show a true competitor (cheaters get caught, George)
- The kitchen really is the heart of the home!
- Cooking 3 meals a day is exhausting (So grateful for dish washers)
- You can’t see a smile through a mask, SAD!
- Documentaries rock!
- We actually like hanging out with each other and most of all no one was hurt, maimed, or murdered during this long period of togetherness!
The light has come and we are both happy and sad. Will we remember all these lessons? Will we play cards until 2 am? Will we make time for gardening and being outside? We think YES!
| George and Linda Meyers own and operate Cook in Tuscany, a cooking school in Tuscany, Italy. |
Cook in Tuscany is a six-night all-inclusive Tuscan experience based in the village of Montefioralle that includes daily cooking lessons with local women, daily excursions, winery tours, cheese making, gourmet dinners, and tours of local and historic sites. Cook in Tuscany is a luxury culinary vacation for the traveler who wants to be a local and not a tourist.
Slow Travel Tours is an affiliation of small-group tour operators who offer personalized trips in Italy, France, England and other European countries.