People always ask “What is it like in the winter”? Well, it is far from boring here in Montefollonico. The village continues as usual–that’s the best part of not living in a tourist village. The village has seen a few changes. The grocery has a new pizza oven so Saturday nights just got better. The ATM is open, but the bank is now permanently closed. The new art gallery is open for business and our pool area is being landscaped. And last, but not least, the Lavender is growing–all 1500 plants!
Here’s a few other things happening right now at La Chiusa…
- New herb, cut flowers and edible flower gardens are in, but need to be painted and planted.
- More pool furniture on its way
- Picnic tables for the Olive Grove are being built
- Rooms are being painted and decorated
- Reception is getting new look
- Painters are painting
- Gardeners are gardening–winter cleanup
- New menu and new special events calendar
- Hope to see you all soon sitting around the pool with a big glass of wine!
| George and Linda Meyers own and operate Cook in Tuscany, a cooking school in Tuscany, Italy. |
Cook in Tuscany is a six-night all-inclusive Tuscan experience based in the village of Montefioralle that includes daily cooking lessons with local women, daily excursions, winery tours, cheese making, gourmet dinners, and tours of local and historic sites. Cook in Tuscany is a luxury culinary vacation for the traveler who wants to be a local and not a tourist.
Slow Travel Tours is an affiliation of small-group tour operators who offer personalized trips in Italy, France, England and other European countries.