When I tell people that Bold Spirit Travel offers mostly women-only tours, I get the same question again and again: Why?
Here are a few reasons guests book an all-women journey:
- She wants to expand her friendships and meet new people, specifically, other women who also love to explore.
- She doesn’t want to be the third wheel. Often on mixed gender trips, there are lots of couples. If you are a woman traveling solo, it can be awkward to be the only single person at the table.
- She wants to speak candidly. In many situations, women feel more comfortable speaking about personal issues when they are surrounded by other women.
- She’s married. It turns out that many guests are married but their spouses do not wish to travel. She is therefore faced with a choice: stay home or go solo. Most spouses are open to the idea of their wives on an all-women trip but not always comfortable with the idea of a mixed gender journey. Maybe this taps into deeper trust issues, or maybe it’s just human nature, but either way, it’s an important factor to consider.
- She’s divorced. Sometimes a guest is newly divorced and just needs some time with the girls after a traumatic separation.
We lead women-only tours all over the world. If you think an all-women getaway is exactly what you need in 2024, then register soon for our 7-day adventure to the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
Our groups are no more than 12 women, plus a Bold Spirit trip leader and our savvy local guides. Give yourself the opportunity to begin new friendships while experiencing Southern Italy, including Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, and the thermal island of Ischia.